This position manages all functions of the organization’s revenue cycle operations to maximize cash flow while maintaining and improving internal and external customer relations.
In conjunction with senior management staff, the Revenue Cycle Manager will contribute to the day-to-day operations on all issues related to the revenue cycle function, provide analysis, create written processes and train others in implementing a cross functional revenue cycle team.
Support the company’s mission, vision and values through unequaled quality, professional competence, collaboration, communication, innovation, accountability, ownership and provide support to the entire organization regardless of their primary office location.
- Advanced Degree in Business, Healthcare Administration or equivalent and minimum of five (3) years of medical billing experience.
- Minimum of three years in a supervisory role.
- Knowledge of professional and technical fee billing, reimbursement and third-party payer regulation and medical terminology is required.
- Working knowledge of regulatory requirements pertaining to health care operations and their impact on operations.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to make timely decisions.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated coding and billing knowledge/experience preferred.
- Maintains confidentiality outlined in privacy portion of the federal Health Information Privacy and Portability Act of 1996.
- Other duties/projects assigned by the Managing Director.
- Possesses the ability to work in a constantly changing environment, good judgment skills, and capable of making decisions with attention to detail.
- Must have excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize and coordinate workload with high degree of proficiency and accuracy.
- Must have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work easily and cooperatively with other departments.
- Ability to work independently and follow through on tasks without direct supervision.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a flexible, diplomatic and expeditious manner.
- Maintains strict confidentiality of patients’ medical records and adherence to all HIPAA and ACHC policies and regulations.
- Must be extremely accurate with attention to details, policies, and procedures.
- Excellent and accurate calculator, and computer skills. Including the ability to use, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, E-Mail.
- Minimum of 3 years of work-related experience desirable.
- Knowledge with billing/collection databases required.
- Medical office management is desirable.
- Must have excellent computer knowledge and accurate keyboard skills.
Span of Control:
This position is responsible for managing key revenue cycle generation processes that have an impact on the company’s cash flow including but not limited to ensuring that their teams are adhering to their expected level of performance per established client KPI’s and metrics.
This position requires frequent to extensive contact with individuals both inside and outside the company. Due to the nature of the contacts, this position requires a 95% or greater English proficiency. Must also maintain the highest level of confidentiality.